Monday, June 21, 2010

Catch up

I'm back at it! We finally got the internet so I'm able to blog again. Numerous people have been asking for an update, so I'm happy to oblige.

I can't believe we've been living in the house for three months already! Time has really flown by and we've gotten a lot accomplished. I'll give you a quick list and a bunch of pictures (because I know that's what you are really after) to catch everyone up.

1. We put all of our stuff away! I love having the crawl space. We have so much shoved down there. This is going to sound ridiculous, but I am so happy to finally see where the wall meets the floor in all of my rooms. When we lived in our previous two apartments, it seems like we had stuff piled everywhere and I could never see where the floor met the wall. Simple pleasures.

2. Nate waged war on the dandelions and the creeping charlies and was victorious! In April, we had the worst lawn on the block, but Nate was diligent with weed killer and planted new grass and our yard looks respectable now. Can you believe this picture! There are about 10 heads to this stem!


3. Nate did a ton of work on the master bathroom. He replaced some of the subfloor, layed cement board down, layed slate tile, installed a new toilet and sink, resurfaced the tile in the shower to freshen it up, painted the walls, and installed new light fixtures and a fan. We thought about ripping the shower out and starting over, but that was going to be more expense and unnecessary work than what we were interested in. The resurfacing was an inexpensive option, and a very effective way to go. The tile is now a brilliant white instead of a dingy gray. Caveat Emptor! You need a gas mask to work with this stuff. We couldn't sleep in our bedroom for a week because the smell was so strong and nauseating!


4. We replaced some of the windows in our house and can't believe our energy bill. What a difference!! I'm so happy with the white vinyl casing.


5. Nate so lovingly painted the fireplace door a beautiful black. It looks so nice with our speakers, TV, and automans which are also black.


6. My dad made shadow boxes to fill in the holes in the wall where there used to be speakers. I painted all six and nate installed them. The two in the upstairs living room house beautiful vases I found while on vacation in Sedona, AZ. The other four in the basement house Nate's surround sound speakers.
7. We've started to put pictures on the wall which really makes me feel at home. We have our diplomas on the wall in the office and some other art on the walls. I created this bead art for our bedroom to be placed above my dresser. Michaels had a sale on beads so I painted the background of the board and strung a bunch of cute beads together. I love finally having time to be creative and decorate!


Come visit! Drop ins welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment