Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Color

I am totally amazed at how easy it is for a color to...change color. Paint will look totally different depending on the time of the day. Changing lightbulbs make colors look completely different too. This can be good or bad...

It was hard to decide if I liked a color because I would like it more or less at different times of the day. The most striking example of morphing color is in our kitchen. I tried to take a picture of it to visually explain. The railing in our living room really perked up after we painted the walls brown. The wood has a beautiful hue that really pops. Normally I'm a fan of dark wood, but this honey oak looks good. But, we have the same oak in our kitchen and the walls are a weird green and the lighting is a huge flourescent light on the ceiling. It makes the wood look totally sick and dirty. What a contrast!!! We considered refacing, but realized all we have to change is the lighting and wall color. That'll save us a lot of money. Nate's excited to change out the lighting, and I'm excited to see the difference.

This picture is me standing in the kitchen and looking out towards the living room - notice the difference in the wood color? That's the same wood and same stain!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I have heard many times that flourescent lighting is the worst for colors....easy fix.

    ReplyDelete