Wednesday, March 10, 2010

February 8: Ceilings

I was pretty antsy at work, so I left at noon. I went to the apartment, made spaghetti, and then drove to the house. Mom and Dad had started painting ceilings and even put some primer on the walls, i.e., the blaze-orange KTM room. Mom and Dad had recommended we paint the ceilings and we are soooo glad they did. I guess fresh paint on the ceilings can make a BIG difference!
We decided to paint the trim in the bedrooms since the previous owners had spilled paint on them. This was the perfect reason to paint them white as we had planned. I cleaned the trim so the primer would stick and then started peeling glow-in-the-dark stars off the ceiling in two bedrooms. FYI, it's not a good idea to put those things on popcorn ceilings. I will never put those up in my house again (yes, I did have them when I was little).

Nate figured out how to light the water heater pilot so we would have hot water for washing out brushes and then shoveled some more snow.

Nate and I decided on colors, so we went to Home Depot to get paint. We picked out colors from Mom's Benjamin Moore color deck because Home Depot said they could match it with their Behr paint. Not so much. It was a little off, but I thought it would be okay, so we took it home.

It was dinner time, so we ate the spaghetti. Thankfully, there's a microwave at the house, so I make meals ahead of time and then just re-heat them. Another positive - it's cold outside, so I can leave food in my trunk or in the garage until we get the fridge.

Our normal routine for this week was: work, work on the house, come home and make food for the next day, and get to bed pretty late...


1 comment:

  1. haha or just not have popcorn ceilings..haha. I had those stars too. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete